1 an acutely pointed Gothic arch, like a lance [syn: lancet arch]
2 a surgical knife with a pointed double-edged blade; used for punctures and small incisions [syn: lance]
EtymologyFrom lancette diminutive of lance
- a UK /lænsɛt/ /l
Lancet may refer to:
- lancet (surgery), a medical instrument, similar to a scalpel but with a double-edged blade.
- lancet, a needle used in a lancing device. Used by those with diabetes.
- lancet, an acutely pointed arch in gothic architecture
- 'Lancet', an emergency escape vessel, appearing in the 1960s German TV series Raumpatrouille Orion.
- 'Lancet', an ability from the Final Fantasy videogame series that drains health from opponents.
- lancet window, a tall narrow window with a pointed arch at its top
- The Lancet, a medical journal in the United Kingdom.
lancet in German: Lanzette
lancet in French: Lancette
lancet in Lithuanian: Lancetas
lancet in Dutch: Lancet